Random Ramblings

not too sure, really. this was started on a lonely drunken friday night--lets see what comes from it...

Thursday, July 07, 2005


R.I.P Scott Kornfield Posted by Picasa


Scott Kornfield was killed in Colorado on Memorial Day 2005. (for more information, please go to http://www.triathletemag.com/story.cfm?story_id=9976&pageID=1728)


I went to Camp Spofford in Spofford, NH every summer for nearly 16 years of my life. I had the privilege of knowing Scott for about 10 of those years. He was a good friend to me and to many other Spoffordites. While I have not spoken to Scott in many years, I am devasted by this loss.



He and I were the same age. Like me, he was a newlywed and a big sibling (I am a big sister to Jamie and he was a big brother to Todd). We weren't friends at first--in fact, he was the first boy I ever punched--but we became friends, once I got over my incessant crush on him, and he realized I wasn't all that bad :)


R.I.P Scott. You will be missed on earth and loved in heaven, of this I am sure. Please remember Scott's wife, his mom and dad and his brother in your thoughts and prayers.

4 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Sapphire Eagle © said...

I just fell in love immediately with this beautiful young man's smile and brightly lit eyes... I am quite shocked to read this and wish his family my best regards to add to the other many prayers to them at their loss.. Thank you for sharing such a stunning picture with us all... what an exquisite man he was....

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

Thats very sad. Ill be praying for his family.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger ME! said...

That's a sad, sad story. The family, the friend and even the driver will never be the same.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelli, thanks so much for your posting. I too grew up with Scott (he was my cousin)...and every few days I browse the internet to look at clippings to remind me of him...and the way he impacted others (the good and the bad..ie..the punch). I miss him so much....and I am so glad to hear that he is in the heart of others.
-Lauren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!