Random Ramblings

not too sure, really. this was started on a lonely drunken friday night--lets see what comes from it...

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Early May 8th thoughts

i have been blessed with a mother in law that people can only dream about. She is one of my dearest friends. She is funny and smart and caring. She is intelligent and tough. She has cancer and is dying. nothing hurts me more than this. I hate this so much. She has been my mother in law for 8 months. i have only recently begun to call her Mom, and i wish more than anything that i started to do it sooner. She does not have much time left and considering the inevitable is heartbreaking a million times over.

please, if you think about it--pray for her. But, more than this--find your mother, or someone you think about as dearly as a mom and tell her you love her. love her and love her--don't let a day go by without reminding her how special she is. You only get one mom, i was blessed to have two of them.

4 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers for your mother in law, as well as your husband and yourself will be sent. Good luck with everything. Sounds like she is pretty lucky to have you two as well.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

ahh Kelli...losing my mom FIVE years ago..yes, its been THAT LONG..I really truly understand the feelings you are going through. She will certainly be in my thoughts..Email me, my laptop is on the fritz and has to go back to Dell..and I lost your email in a reformat!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

I am sorry to hear about your mother-in-law and will keep her and the rest of your family on my prayer list.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger ME! said...

You already know that my shoulder is available and so is my ear if you need to talk. Or like the other day, not to talk if you choose that option.

I love you! And I love your Mom-in-Law for the little time I've spent w/her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!