Random Ramblings

not too sure, really. this was started on a lonely drunken friday night--lets see what comes from it...

Friday, September 23, 2005

LOVE SONGS

my best friend, bryna, is getting married in Aug 2006. I am her matron of honor (nothing on earth makes me happier either) and i love her so much!!! she has shared with me some of her ideas--one of which was songs! these are five songs that i feel embody love. What are yours?

1. Let's Stay Together--Al Green. This is my wedding song. The lyrics are my husband and i to a T.

2. This Guy's in Love With You--Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. The man who plays this song for me... i would run away with him (yes, i am married, but i would still run away for a man who played me this) Seriously, as i was typing this and looking for the lyrics, i was crying. Tears are dripping on my keyboard. Listen to it sometime.

3. True companion--Marc Cohn--my friends julie and matt "stole" this for their wedding song. Nothing would be have been a better choice for them! Here is a song that will make you want to fall in love right now!!!

4. Crazy Love-Van Morrison--WOW. Such emotion!

5. If I Were A Carpenter--Bobby Darron--such a heartwrenching song--love all around :) Again, listen!

obviously there are other great love songs--i just want to know what you guys think!!!!

6 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

mmm Let's Stay Together!! Great song!! Our wedding song was "I Will Be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman..yes, out of all the hippie music I could have chosen, this song meant so much that we wanted it as our wedding song..stuck with me from those old Spofford Days of Michael W. Smith and SC Chapman.

We really do have to get together soon, school takes over again and I find myself bogged down with work! I love middle school tho :)

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon,no one on earth sings better love songs than...Frank Sinatra...wedding song "Come Rain or Come Shine"...although the songs you mentioned are all awesome to. Ijust happen to be a FS fan...

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger k-bnakedlady said...

frank had a song--you cant take that away from me. now THAT is a great love song!!!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger alphaTHEgreat said...

How about "I wanna fuck you like an animal", I always loved that NIN nails song...

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger k-bnakedlady said...

alpha, that is not a love song in the traditional sense--i would say that it is a definite love in the biblical sense kind of song!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger ME! said...

Alpha! Come come now...

Kelli, you are so cute! And thanks again for the party. You are the best fred a girl could have.

And you know my songs already, but for the crowd out there...
Come What May from Moulin Rouge. 100%

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!